Maharashtra government, Department of Medical Education has issues a notice which states that doctors cannot go for higher courses without serving bond. These rules will be applicable from 2018-19 admission session for PG medical and Superspeciality courses.
Points mentioned in the notice are as follows:
- MBBS Doctors will not be eligible for MD/ MS/ Diploma courses without serving their UG bond period of 1 year.
- MD/ MS Postgraduate students will not be able to do Superspeciality DM/ M.Ch course without serving their PG bond of 1 year
- DM/M.Ch Superspeciality passouts have to serve 2 years of compulsory government bonded service
- Bonded service allotment will be done through MKCL online system of Maharashtra government
- These rules are applicable for state government and MCGM colleges.